Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blog Post 6

One of the most helpful technology classroom tools I have come encountered with has been the Promethean board at Willow Springs Elementary School. It is an extremely innovative and interactive board for the classroom; the students love it! It includes an immense amount of features that has and will continue to enhance my lessons and strategies to engage my students. My cooperating teacher has been doing a great job at showing me all of the features and how I can incorporate the Promethean board into my lessons. It is a very exciting tool and I have enjoyed using it and learning how to use the features. I have also found the ELMO very helpful as well. It is similar to a projector but smaller, I utilized it during an activity at Covington Elementary School. Fifth grade students worked in groups on a drawing activity and I used the ELMO to project their drawings on the screen. We were all able to view the drawings as a class. It is important to utilize technology in the classroom in order to provide students with an additional instructional technique that would fulfill their learning style.
  • When answering questions during an interview we should refer to our student teaching experiences and always provide specific examples. 
  • It is important to always research, stay current, and make ourselves relevant. Also, it is vital that we keep in mind that we will always be evaluated no matter the situation.
 I would like to plan a group project with my students, I feel it will be interesting and a learning experience to observe my students working together on one project. My cooperating teachers have both seemed hesitant about it but encouraging when I have asked their opinion about it. I feel that 4th or 5th graders would enjoy working in groups and it would prepare them for any group projects they may need to complete in the future. It will provide the students with the opportunity to utilize their strengths and strengthen the areas that may need improvement. Overall it would be a great learning experience for myself as well as my students!

I have completed the recording portion of the TPA project, however, I would like to record one more segment. Next I will be completing the first part of Task 2 which includes the videos I recorded with the students. As I look over the questions that need to be answered in the commentary section I become overwhelmed and stressed but I know it is important to answer one question at a time. It is important to pace myself and not rush through it. This project has been very challenging but it can be completed. 

If possible, I feel it would be helpful to me to receive feedback on my philosophy of education. I would appreciate your opinion and feedback on what I have written.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you will be able to speak about the technology piece with confidence. Think about being being an art teacher in a school that travels class to class using an art cart.....would you be confident using an iPad?

    Now is the time you need to venture out and try those great ideas! Be sure it fits standards and common core and have fun with it. I feel the 2nd placement is better suited for this challenge.

    The TPA is broken down methodically to ensure success....you can do it;)!

    I have not seen your philosophy of education. Please ask your seminar instructor first and let me know what they say.

    My next visit will be the week of the 15th.

    ReplyDelete