Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Post 8

 Blessing!!

It is amazing to know we only have two weeks left in our student teaching journey. Each week I have learned something new I will take takeaway and utilize in my future classroom. As my student teaching experience almost comes to an end it is more evident to me that not only will I teach children about artists and technique but I will also teach them how to be respectful, responsible, confident, take pride in their work, the list can go on and on. But most importantly I will help them know that they are cared for and important in my life and the lives of their classroom teachers. I have realized my students make me a better teacher! I find myself pushing myself to provide them with the very best lessons, different ways of learning a certain technique, and to make sure when they are in my classroom for those 40 minutes they feel valued, cared for, and enjoy creating art. They motivate me, inspire me, and teach me something new everyday!

I will miss their comments about how much they love art, certain projects, or when they make new discoveries; these moments melt my heart. I will miss the moments when they want to show me every step they take to finish their project, and their eagerness to learn and create masterpieces! I will miss their greetings in the hallway or in the lunch room. Above all, I will miss seeing them everyday and how their faces light up when they create something new and exciting! They have brought me so much joy!

At this time I am preparing my very last projects at Willow Springs and I will begin the transition of Ms. J teaching the students full time. I have completed my TPA project as well as my online education portfolio and have gathered all of my transcripts for the licensing process.

Thank you Mrs. Reiselt for your continued prayers, support, and encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. You have come so far, Michelle!

    The heart and compassion you have for making art come alive is amazing. You make every last one of those students believe they are are VanGoh! It makes me smile how many times I caught myself engaged in your lesson and not writing your evaluation and staying longer!

    God will use you ....He already is!

    ReplyDelete